It’s no secret, nannies have been caught severally across the globe mistreating children and as a result, parents need to take some serious security measures. One of them is installing nanny cameras which have become quite a normal practice in many homes with young ones.
That said, working moms (dads) really need this device whether hidden or visible to effectively monitor their children while away. Nanny cameras should not only be limited to homes with kids but can also be installed in any premises to stay updated on what is happening in case you’re away. Below is an ultimate guide to buying the best home nanny camera for your home.
1. Is it Legal to Install Nanny Cams?
Also, different states have different laws regarding audio recording. You could find some states having a single person consent rule – meaning when the recording was taking place, at least a single person in the video was aware. Also, some states require you to notify your babysitter prior to the recording.
- Does it have a High Definition video format? A camera with high definition video format coupled with high pixel rate will give you detailed and clear pictures. A 720p or 1080p is recommended.
- Is it audio enabled? The main upside of installing audio nanny cams is that you can talk to your babysitter or kids for better monitoring.
- Does it have infrared technology (IR)? If you’re constantly out of your home at night – maybe to work, a camera with this technology will allow you have limited night visibility of about 7-9 feet from the camera.
- Viewing angle. Choosing a camera with a pan-tilt function is very important. This way, you can effectively monitor any room – whether large or small with your wide angle nanny camera.
- Is your camera battery operated or AC powered? You could choose to go for nanny cams with rechargeable battery packs or AC powered ones which are directly connected to the power outlet. For better functionality, choose an AC powered one.
- Is it compatible with your smartphone? Whether Android or iOS, your camera should be able to provide live streaming.
- Is it Automatic or manual? In this case, an automatic camera is preferable because it can be programmed on what time to go on or off every day as well as automatically delete oldest footage.